- Assistance in implementing operational practices for the hearth, stoves and trough systems.
- Advisory for blast furnaces blow down and blow-in activities.
Hot Blast Stoves
- Stove inspections using video cameras to detect problems inside the vessel.
- Perform calculations to establish current efficiency of a stove.
- Identify and implement solutions to bring stoves to better performance.
Blast Furnace Casthouse
- Perform inspections of trough systems to identify premature wear.
- Recommend changes in installed materials to improve time between repairs.
- Supervise and perform repairs to areas with wear.
- AMTS can provide emergency support for stove failures, premature wear of the hearth or unexpected break outs.
- Provide detailed analysis of failure and quick implantation of remedial actions until a planned repair can take place.
Blast Furnace Campaign Extension Management
- Perform core drilling of the blast furnace hearth to determine integrity of remaining refractory.
- Design and install additional cooling such as cigar coolers.
- Develop monitoring strategies.